Old 07-12-2010, 02:40 PM
retired2pa

Joann's is my main source for fabric in our town, although there is a quilt shop that sells mostly Moda, which I love, but can't always afford so I go to Joann's. I usually have a great experience in the store and I like the coupons. I've gotten several expensive items with my coupons for great prices. For example, my son gave me a gift card for Christmas last year. I wanted a floor Ott lamp so I waited until they had them for 50% off. I used my gift card and a coupon and got my light for around $20 :) I recently had a similar fabric experience like the original lady that posted this. I wanted what was left on the bolt. When she measured it it was shy of the nearest yard by 2 1/2". She rounded it up to the next yard and charged me for yardage I didn't get. I should have said something but she wasn't the most pleasant person and acted like I was bothering her. Maybe she was just having a bad day but I didn't want to make it worse by complaining about 2 1/2". As it was I was getting 60% off so sometimes you just have to pick your battles and sometimes you just need to let it go.