Old 07-12-2010, 07:16 PM
OdessaQuilts

Originally Posted by suedonnie
Hi All:
Blocks are coming your way, Dettonlisas, Karen, Kysmommy2,Lovingizabelle, sewcornie, tink121275. I still have some more to go but unfortunatly won't get to them til this weekend.
I think the only ones left to do are:
Aardvarg ( have not received block yet)
AKAngel
Buddysmom
CJTmama (have not received block)
janecat
Kbunn
Mosher92
Neoma
Renebobby
ReRe
I have them all cut out just need to sew them together.
Sorry it is taking so long.
Also who has the black material with green vines running thru it.
Am I the only one having trouble keeping all this stuff straight?#%#%@%% I need strong suggestions...lol
This has been a great swap. My first time. I don't think I will be in #3 but will definately look forward to the one in January. Thank you all for the beautiful blocks I can't wait to put them together and keep warm this winter thinking about my friends on the swap!
Sue
Sue, this is my second go-round and I discovered something easier for me this time. Maybe it will help you for next time.

When I get the address list, the first thing I do is print labels: 3 sets for everyone. I use one set to put on the envelope I mail my F8 in.

The second set goes on the envelopes I will use to mail the completed blocks in. These envies sit in a box on my sewing table, ready to go when the blocks are ready.

The 3rd set I place on the zippy bags I will enclose the completed blocks into. I then wait for the fun to arrive.

As each fabric arrives, I take it and place it into the labeled zippy bag so I have it marked. I also try to pull fabrics that will go with the focus fabric and put them into the zippy bag, too. These go into a basket that sits next to my sewing cabinet, and I work on them as I can around all the other things I have going on. Sometimes I do 2 in a day, and sometimes I can do 8 or 10. Just depends on what else I have going on.....

Sometimes I will sit down and cut pieces for each block, and the pieces go back into the zippy bags. That way I can just concentrate on sewing the blocks when I am ready.

When the block is sewn, I give it a final press, fold it into the pre-marked zippy bags, and then seal it into the pre-addressed envelope to send it home. That way, when I am ready to take it to the post office, it's ready to go with me.

I hope this helps you out. I have found it to help me in a pinch. It's terrific to make a block when all I have to do is pick up the bag and sew ... no need to select fabrics, measure, press, cut, etc., because it's all done!

Odessa