Old 07-12-2010, 07:18 PM
Vanuatu Jill

I shop at the Joann's in Poway and Escondido, and I have never been treated badly or waited too long, except maybe over the July 4th weekend when they had a hugh sale, but I expected it, wasn't in a hurry myself, so waiting to get my fabric cut wasn't a problem. I struck up a conversation with a couple of ladies waiting and before I knew it, my number was being called. At least they have a number system! Only once when I had a question, did the girl who was cutting my fabric tell me she wasn't a quilter, but said if I waited until another lady was free, I could ask her. Further, I had a large order for a couple of fabrics which they didn't have enough of, and the manager (Jean, I think) at the Escondido store couldn't have been more helpful, spent all the time calling the warehouse and got the fabric sent. She then saw how long the line was to pay, so she took me to another register to ring me up herself. I hear all these horror stories, and think how lucky I am to be able to shop at those two stores. I hope it continues!