Old 07-12-2010, 10:10 PM
AkAngel

I used a similar method, only when the f8th's arrived I usually checked out the fabric and tried to pick the fabrics to go with it (sometimes I changed before it was made) and generally returned them to their envelopes til I worked on them. I have some of those stackibles you get at Joann's and I have a set that has the 3 stackible drawers about 12x12 in.
In one went the f8ths's aa they came in and I # the envelopes so I know what order and I really tried to make and return them pretty close to that order, one or two stumped me and I would have to leave it a bit and come back to it but for the most part that is how I made them. In a 2nd one went the blocks as I received them and I would mark them off the spread April made us. and in the 3rd one I kept my tools and if I had already cut the block it went in a baggie and in that drawer as the one I was working on. I also put my return labels and stamped all my envelopes and they went in the stackible.This made it really handy and convenient for me right now being I've been using the dining room table, that way things were pretty well together and if I needed to clear the table for family dinners or something I just moved the one 3 drawer stackible unit. I love these stackibles and use them a lot. I am going to a 4 day Quilt Fest in Sept. and I am signed up for a different project/workshop each day, I am putting all my fabrics and supply's for that days workshop in a different color stackible this will make them easy to carry so far (its over 300 miles) plus it will be easy to just grab the one I need for that day and go.
Muriel