View Single Post
Old 07-14-2010, 03:39 AM
PA Quilter

Hi I have never replied before but I love to read this board. There are a lot of things to see and do in PA. Penn's Cave is near State College. You tour a cave while riding in a boat, then there is a wildlife preserve by it. Also in Mifflinburg, PA there is a buggy museum, Hoover's quilt shop (they have a web site), Verna's fabric is also in Mifflinburg. Country Cupboard is in Lewisburg, great food and a very large store. If you want to drive then it would be good to go to Lanscaster PA. Amish buggy rides, good food, a lot of quilt shops, Millinum (spelling) Theater, and more. Look up website for Lancaster PA and quilt shops in Lancaster PA. A lot to do and see. There are also a lot of other quilt shops within driving area. Endless Mountains Quiltworks (EMQuiltworks.com)in Tunkhannock,Pa. They have an Airing of the Quilts on Oct.2. A lot of quilts are displayed on the houses, stores etc., a quilt show at one of the churches, a quilt show at the school and the quilt shop has a sale. It is only one day. If you chech out their website, you will gain more information. I don't know how far you want to drive but these places are great(hard on my purse). Have fun looking!