Old 07-14-2010, 05:43 AM
bearlea

Its funny you should have this on todays conversation...I was just talking to a LQS owner about that same thing...my dh and I travel all the time..I use my Quilters Campanion Guide to find shops...I will write in it my experience...and the one to keep me from going back to a shop is when they can't even say Hello how are you...if there is anything I can help you with please let me know...thats all I ask..it takes them 20 seconds...I am not asking them to find out my life story...but customer service is number one in my book...I don't mind spending ALOT of money in a shop if they are friendly and curtious...if they don't act like I exist...I never go back...and trust me a can spend some money in a shop...ask my LQS owners...so I had this conversation wiht one of them the other day...told her about an experience I had in another shop of traveling and how her girls should always look up from what they are doing and take 20 seconds..thats all..then at least people who come in know you care that they are there...no one wants to be followed around a shop like your about to steal the bank...but a 20 second hello is not asking to much when I will drop enough to pay for your paycheck that week for it....blessings