Old 07-16-2010, 09:44 AM
charcrfts

I have always had good experiences at my local Joann's and Walmart, until they got rid of their fabric! I have several LQS's but the one that stands out is Quilter's Haven in Rosemount, MN. It isn't terribly far from our house, only 20 miles of so. I went there on the MN Quilt Shop Hop last summer. The shop was very good sized, everything was displayed well and the service was good. A couple weeks later my DH and I were in the area again, on a Sunday, looking for the county compost site to get some compost for our flower gardens. We couldn't find it anywhere, since they didn't have signs out by the main road. I needed (wanted!) to stop at Quilter's Haven anyway, so I asked them if they knew where it was. One of the clerks took the time to take me to their office area and look it up on the computer, print off a map and show me on the map where the compost site was. We were able to find it then, but it wasn't open on Sunday and we had to go back another day for the compost. We were truly grateful for that clerks help and I will be going back to Quilter's Haven for the MN Shop Hop in a coupe weeks, maybe even spending more money this time!