Old 07-16-2010, 10:37 AM
Playtime7

I started quilting years ago to slow me down. I seem to want to finish all I start in one day. I have come to learn that it isn't a bad thing to "do the frog..." "rip it, rip it" at all.... when I do have to rip things out, I feel like it is a learning lesson as to what I did wrong and I try to catch myself from doing it again anymore. There are times I have to rip out because I am going to fast or my machine isn't cooperating... as for seeing all the lovely quilts made on this board... I hope to get there some day but until I do, I will just do the best I can to get there and if I don't get there, I am at least having fun trying. I went to a local quilt shop this week and nearly fell over with this beautiful embroided quilt that I almost want to give up sewing all together. If I made that quilt I wouldn't ever use it ... it would hang on the wall.. very nice and some day maybe I will take the time she put into it and make one. I need more experience in embroidery, that's for sure. This is getting long so I will stop for now... just enjoy making your goodies and love what you make...all things handmade are precious.