Old 07-16-2010, 10:58 AM
zyxquilts

Hooray for Gold Stars!!!! :D:D:D

Gosh, let's see, my favorite LQ shops are:
Ginger's Quilt Shoppe in Upland, CA. (www.gingersquiltshoppe.com)
The owners, Ginger & her daughter, Linda are wonderful. The shop is clean & well-lit and SOOOOO friendly! They always have a coffee pot on & a jigsaw puzzle in progress. My quilt guild has been having philanthropy sew-ins in their workroom too.

The Fabric Patch in Montclair, CA. ( www.thefabricpatch.com )
Mary is the owner & was so helpful when I was buying a Janome machine - first, for me, then one for my cousin. Pat, Norine & Kathy have always made me feel welcome & are very helpful too.
(Carolyn, the original owner now just runs the Road to California Quilt Conference in Ontario, CA)

When I was on my Girlfriend Tour Roadtrip a few years ago, I went to The Quilt Asylum (thequiltasylum.com) in McKinney, TX. Besides having my favorite shop name, the ladies there were friendly & helped a lot. And the last shop on my trip was Stitchin' Time (www.stitchintime.com, in Twin Falls, Idaho. Cute shop & so friendly! I wish I could remember the name of the gal who helped me - turned out she grew up in the next town over from where I live now - and she saved me about an hour's drive time on the way home by giving me an alternate route! Now THAT'S service! LOL

Thanks for starting a wonderful topic!! :thumbup: