Old 07-16-2010, 07:00 PM
kwiltkrazy

Originally Posted by ginnie6
just think that you are not really a quilter? Some of them are so beautiful and at times I despair over ever making something that pretty. Especially when I spend a day like yesterday......ripping out seams! I guess i should give myself a break.....I just started quilting last year after all and I have made what I think are some pretty quilts.
Don't get discouraged, there is so much to learn, I've been quilting for years and still make stupid mistakes, and have to rip things out. I to hold up my hopes that I will be as good as some of these women.But, at the same time, I am very proud of what I have been able to accomplish. I am a self-taught quilter, and have learned so much in the last 5 years since I joined my guild, and even much more since I joined the board. I can see the improvements in my quilts, and everyone I do now seems to be a little bit better, I seem to learn something new that clicks in my brain and helps me to achieve a better quilt. And, the encouragement I get makes it even easier to try harder.