View Single Post
Old 07-18-2010, 02:58 PM
grammypatty7

Originally Posted by Julo
Cute quilt and a great way to use up scraps! What kind of batting did you use? I have a lot of Warm and Natural scraps, but it doesn't seem like the quilt would be as puffy if I used that.
I agree with you. I use polyester batting that I buy at JoAnn's that comes in a bag. I always just buy a queen sized bag and cut it up as needed for whatever quilt I use. As a hand quilter and one who does quilt as you go, that's all I've used over the years and it washes and wears beautifully. I've never used warm and Natural although I've heard and read rave reviews about it. I like all of my quilts to have a puffiness to their appearance. So glad you like it.

Whenever you piece a quilt, you can make one of these little biscuits and put into laundry basket or other container and one day you find you have enough to complete a pretty throw or a nice quilt. It's a wonderful weight for a throw but I don't care for the queen sized quilt that I made using this pattern as it feels so heavy but then since relocating from IL to FL we prefer lighter weight quilts nows.
Hugs
Patty