Thread: My New Tote
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2010, 06:53 PM
JudyG

Thank you for all the compliments. I love it and thought you would too. The pattern is called "Grommet Bag". The gal at the quilt shop said it was an original design, and she doesn't have a website or anything. But I found another one very, very similar at http://www.happyapplequilts.com/product/MIQ141 It is a little smaller and the pocket slants from left to right instead of from right to left. Otherwise it looks the same.

The fabric I used is from the Robert Kaufman Imperial Collection. It was on closeout and I haven't seen it online, so am assuming it is an older collection.

The grommets were super easy to put on. They just snap together. They are actually made to make shower curtains. I thought they were kind of expensive until I realized there were 8 in the package, enough for two bags. I did make the handle a little longer than the pattern called for so that I could have 2 straps over my shoulder instead of one. It worked out beautifully.

I was a little perturbed with the gal that wrote the pattern I used because it shows the piping on the outside pocket (the back is the same) but nowhere in her instructions did she mention buying it or how to put it in. Luckily I had done piping before, so didn't have a problem, but if someone hadn't done it before, it might have been an issue.

Thanks for looking.