Old 07-20-2010, 05:39 AM
granny18

I have had the Bailey since January '09 and I love it. It is in my quilt shop and I use it everyday. I also rent it out to customers so they can have the fun of quilting their own quilts. I have my Bailey on a Bernina frame (yes, they do make a frame and it is wonderful. You can set on it and service the back of your machine and it will not sway or bend)

I have the stitch regulator on mine. Right now I am in the market for a new Bailey because I bought the 13" and feel I am now ready for the 17" which was not in production when I purchased mine.

I would suggest that you join the Bailey group on Yahoogroups and read a lot of their archives. There is a wealth of information in those emails, and there is always someone that can help you with any problem you might be having with your machine. You don't have to have a Bailey to join.

This is not a computerized machine, although some have added a computer to theirs. But I love the fact that I get to be creative and do what I want on a quilt rather than just watch cookie cutter designs being stitched out.

It won't cost you anything to look. The service is A+++++ and it has been a great 18 month experience owning my Maggie Bailey..little rule...you have to give your machine a name....I chose Maggie. There are some real creative names. If you do join the group, go to the photos and look at the pictures posted by a lady named Patt. It is amazing the things she has done on her machine. She is a true artist.

Let me know if I can answer any questions. Oh, and Chuck, the owner of Bailey Home Quilter has a website which gives you prices, and a place to order needles, bobbins, etc. He even has whole packages that include a frame...just not the Bernina frame. I purchased my frame at the Houston International Quilt Festival.
Good luck picking out a machine. Dollar for dollar, Bailey is by far the best buy. You will be pleasantly surprised at Chuck's price list.
Virginia