Old 07-22-2010, 07:02 AM
omak

Originally Posted by Julianna
How do these threads work? I have participated in groups before where we all made blocks (say 10)- sent them to a central location and she sent us each different ones so we ended up with a variety. Sometimes there was a theme or color specified, of course size, and always fun. Are there any of these groups out there I could join? Thanks for any info.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/s-11-1.htm

This is a link to a portion of the Board that lists all swaps and round robins. You can also find it by going to the top of this page, left side, you will see words: Quilting Forum.
If you click on those words, it will take you to the main page of the Quilting Board and there you will find the lists of TOPICS this Board addresses.
When you click on the individual topic (in this instance, Member swaps and round-robins) you will go to the next page which is the link I put in the first part of my response.
The pictures you are seeing here are from a round-robin.
Every quilt started with a center created by a quilter. There are six quilters in each group. IRR2 (international round robin 2) has ten groups with six quilters in each group.
There is a time-line (and, we try to adhere to it), and the center is sent to the next quilter who attaches a pre-arranged-sized border ... the quilt progresses from one quilter to the next.
At this time, we will be waiting to see pictures of the last border (8") and the quilt will be returned to the originating quilter who created the center.
Hope this helps <wave>