View Single Post
Old 07-23-2010, 06:37 AM
grammypatty7

Originally Posted by piepatch
I remember when these biscuit quilts caught on and were being made a lot. Some people were stuffing them with cotton balls and others used those rectangular shaped facial cleansing cotton pads. It seemed like for a while there they were stuffing them with any and everything. I think I heard of some who used old panty hose for stuffing. I have seen them for sale in the Ozarks through the years. Anybody I have talked to who makes them say they are fun to make.
That's really interesting. I'd never read or heard of stuffing them like this but I do know that true traditional quilter will never let anything go to waste and will fine a way to incorporate it into their quilts. With the cost of quilting supplies today, I can see where many may just start doing some of these things because it's getting quite expensive to buy new to quilt. I'm partial to patchwork anyway so using scraps and old clothing would suit me just fine or finding clothing at rummage, garage sales or thrift shops. Thank you for sharing this with us.