View Single Post
Old 07-24-2010, 06:34 AM
Arty1

For me it's pink! Pink was very popular in the 50s when I was growing up and I think my mother overdid it a bit. We had a totally pink kitchen.... pink cabinets, stove, refrigerator, plastic wall tile, flooring!! My bed was decorated with pink sheets w/sheer ruffled spread on top; and would you believe.... the part of the outside of the house that was stucco was painted PINK!! Yikes!! I HATE PINK!!

ps: I also had a pink and white pontiac convertible and wore a pink and black poodle skirt w/hoop!!!

Originally Posted by BarbaraTX
you don't like working with or just plain don't like? Mine is purple. The only shade I like in the purple family is plum. This is not to say I don't like any of the posted quilts with purple in them - I would never insult another quilter's color choices.
I made a wedding quilt for a newphew, and he and his new wife wanted purple, red and blue. Since they live in Alaska, i did a bear paw pattern. Lord 'o mercy - I dreaded working on that quilt. Some days I just couldn't work on it at all, other days I sewed like crazy to get it done.
What's your color challenge?