View Single Post
Old 07-24-2010, 06:51 AM
ToucanSam

Originally Posted by MistyMarie
I built it up and love to admire it. I remember reading a thread several months ago where members thought that a lady who had a trailer full of fabric was a horder and that she should donate her fabric so others could use it instead of it being stored.

I was bothered by this because those of us who do have a stash most likely have spent years collecting it, admiring it, feeling it - loving it. IF we choose to bless others, that is wonderful, but to feel in any way obligated to share our stash with others is unfair to expect from us. I have helped friends get started quilting and let them "shop" my stash, I have donated fabric for charity quilts, and I have passed on fabric to other quilters who I have met over the years.
:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

I don't have a problem sharing with others either! However, after this thread (and I guess because of this thread), I got an unsolicited email asking for fabric. Didn't know the person or his or her circumstances. Just seemed a little, well, impolite to just ask for fabric without any further details. Wondering if others on this thread got the same PM.