View Single Post
Old 07-24-2010, 06:55 AM
stefanib123

Originally Posted by ToucanSam
Originally Posted by MistyMarie
I built it up and love to admire it. I remember reading a thread several months ago where members thought that a lady who had a trailer full of fabric was a horder and that she should donate her fabric so others could use it instead of it being stored.

I was bothered by this because those of us who do have a stash most likely have spent years collecting it, admiring it, feeling it - loving it. IF we choose to bless others, that is wonderful, but to feel in any way obligated to share our stash with others is unfair to expect from us. I have helped friends get started quilting and let them "shop" my stash, I have donated fabric for charity quilts, and I have passed on fabric to other quilters who I have met over the years.
:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

I don't have a problem sharing with others either! However, after this thread (and I guess because of this thread), I got an unsolicited email asking for fabric. Didn't know the person or his or her circumstances. Just seemed a little, well, impolite to just ask for fabric without any further details. Wondering if others on this thread got the same PM.
Wow! That is extremely rude. I belong to a scrapbooking message board and there were some "scammers" on there, doing stuff like that, it turned out that they were doing it on several boards.

Now, I'm not saying thats what this person was doing, maybe it was just someone that's a "forward" person?