Old 07-26-2010, 12:10 AM
Grandma12

Originally Posted by CAROLJ
Have you noticed that when you try not to eat junk, there is someone there to encourage you to eat it? I guess nothing says lovin' like food.
Just not true...that is a commercial put out by a bakery company who wanted us to feed our family their stuff to PROVE we loved the...nothing really says "I love you" like supporting what ever you find important...our sewing, or bodies or our exercising.

So let's re-program ourselves, as well as those around us...tell them up front...don't leave them to guess...they are not that bright! Tell them that you are working on making yourself and your way of life, including your size and your health, better. You need their help and support...and if they are not going to do this with you, then they can eat their junk somewhere else! NOT in your face, and not to leave bits here and there either.

Time to put your big feet down...for me, diabetes was a shock. Suddenly after medications, I am totally insulin dependent...and my family told me they had no intention of changing THEIR eating habits...after all they were NOT diabetic. POOOOOOH on them.
So they can eat without me at the table...and if they leave their junk food laying around...I either throw it in the garbage can, with coffee grounds on top...stick the stuff in with a soiled diaper, or flush it down the toilet.

They grouched for quite a while, but finally they are beginning to turn around. Over 40 pounds has made a visible difference. So now, quietly, one at a time, they are asking me exactly what AM I doing to loose this weight, and can they eat with me...?

Fight the good fight ladies...your worth it. Each and every single one of you. Tape a note to the bathroom mirror...remember that you are worth it all...

stick a yucky photo of yourself on the refrigerator door...so before you open it to eat that no no...you see what you are working to change...that goes for the pantry door and the cookie jar, and where ever else you have a stash. Better yet, get yourself a huge trash bag, and throw that garbage where it belongs...out of harms way and into the trash. If it is not good for you...who is it good for anyway? NOBODY.

Sons/Daughters who come home are no reason to quit on your diet...sorry True...eat out at an all you can eat buffet, where he/she can have what he/she wants, and you can have what you should have...each gets his own. If he/she really loves his/her mom...he/she will understand and be proud of you for sticking to it...not using HIM/HER as your excuse.

I am stepping down off the soap box for now...maybe my silence is what this group needs...time for someone else to step forward and speak their mind for a while.

Grandma's are supposed to be for loving and spoiling...not for scolding and such.