View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010, 04:15 AM
alaskasunshine

I took a class in Anchorage several years ago and the "teacher" was supposed to teach quilt as you go method...however she told us what to do and worked on her friends quilt that was a comissioned piece. She went blah blah, on and on about how wonderful she is. Many of us screwed up so much because she was soooo busy with her own projects. Then at the end of the "class" she said something like this...I see many of you are a bit confused and need futher assistance and I am thinking I'd be willing to come back to teach a finishing up class at a later date at $35-$40 :shock: . PUKE on that one. Oh that would not happen now to me. No one signed up for her "finishing up" class...wonder why :lol:

If I ever find myself in that situation again I would get a refund. On the other hand I took a class at a local shop and the teacher was excellent and incredibly talented and I still needed help after so she invited me to her home to finish up my projects. She also came to our home to help me pick out my fabrics for the project from my own stash.

Run to the place you took the class and get a gift card for the price you paid. Then turn around and treat yourself to more fabric. Perhaps they have no idea the so called teacher did NOT teach.

Just my thoughts. So sorry you went through what so many of us have experienced. :?