View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010, 07:09 AM
Nona

Go to Hancock's corporate website and tell them exactly what happened. I e-mailed them several weeks ago when I bought 11 pieces of cotton fabric and the store did not have a straight edge to cut the fabric. consequently, I had 11 pieces of fabric which was somewhere between 1" and 2" off on the ends. I told them the problem and gave them a solution...either tear cotton so you have a straight grain or give them a 24" rule so they can cut straight. I got a response by phone from them in 2 days and in 4 days I got a call from the store manager telling me of the training that was done "how to use a ruler". She offered to cut new fabric but by then I had already washed the fabric and had put it in my stash. I was at least happy that someone at least paid attention. Tell them you expect a full refund on the class you took. Most guilds offer some classes or find a sewing buddy who has a little more experience and you both can learn. Remember those that receive your talent will think it is WONDERFUL..and it IS.