View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010, 09:03 AM
ginnh1588

I take this request seriously and anticipate that you will too. My dear friend, Susan, is a forty year juvenile diabetic. She lost her sight at 30 and recently had a heart attack and a stroke during a procedure where they were putting in a stent. Susan worked in the rehabilitation field helping other blind people get oriented in their environment. Before this position she owned her own very successful clothing store for which she did all of the buying! Yes, blind people can do many things. Right now, she is bored stiff and in reality, she may never be able to return to work. She admires the quilts I make and I think she would like to do hand quilting. Can you help me figure out how I can help her do this on her own. She is a genius at putting colors together and at keeping organized. I would imagine she would only use precut fabrics. What ideas do you all have that would be helpful to her? No idea or question is a "stupid" idea. Let's all think creatively and see what we come up with. Thank you in advance for your support.