Old 07-27-2010, 05:38 AM
Annaquilts
Power Poster

Originally Posted by PunkQuilter
Anna

I have got red-eye envy! Your machine is beautiful and the cabinet is so nice great condition ..WOW! I guess I need to move to the west coast.....
It originally came from back East according to the seller, a retired antique dealer. He told us that years ago he would get containers full of them from the East coast and this was one of the better cabinets and machines he got but that right now he can not sell them. This machine appeared not to be used much but at the same time was not cared for. He had it standing outside by his mobile home on the porch under piles of other antiques. Any little scratches, rust or damage seem to be mostly from neglect then from wear. My husband did fix two of the wheels and made bolts to anchor those replacement wheels in, replaced the hand wheel and fixed a drawer. What you can not see on the picture, fortunately, is that they apparently sprayed the cabinet with a cheap spray can varnish but we noticed it right aways because DH is a carpenter and also makes /restores furniture. If you wait and check CL long enough something might show up. I did pay more because the guy knew I wanted that model in that cabinet. Also we bought another well used head Red Eye 66 that we took some parts of to fix up the head in the cabinet. I hope you find a red eye too if that is what you have your mind set on.