View Single Post
Old 07-31-2010, 09:29 AM
Ginger2010

wvdek, I am the same way! I have alot of electricity in my body and I also feel the vibes or lectric shock, whatever it may be!! But when I start feeling them, I immediately turn the blanket off for fear of getting lectrocuted! Scarey! I have so much electricity in my body that I shorten out the tv signals sometimes! My electric blanket caught fire one time while heating up before going to bed about 30 years ago! Yep, caught my mattress on fire, well really it just smoldered but I caught it in time before it caught fire, from smelling the smoke! Yes, I still use an electric blanket to heat up my bed, but I am continuously checking it! My cause of the damaged blanket was that the wiring must have shorted out from washing and alot of use! It was given to me already used! Layering the quilts still does not heat the bed before entering and I don't have enough body heat to heat it!! But when my husband is in bed, he is like 100 degrees and it doesn't take long to get warm with him beside me!!