View Single Post
Old 08-03-2010, 02:49 PM
Twilliebee

Originally Posted by marciacp
Originally Posted by Twilliebee
Would you mind telling me the name of the lovely block in your avatar?
Twilliebee,
I've seen it listed as several names, including "Father's Choice" and New England Block.... fabric placement is what makes it unique and gives the effect that it has....I get inspired by my fabric....I play with my fabrics to achieve the
look I want. Fabric placement can completely change a
block and the overall look of the finished quilt. This particular
quilt has two blocks...that go together for the finished look. Thanks for asking.
Marcia

Hi Marcia,
Well, whatever else is going on in your life I have no doubt at all that you're an exceptional artist and a natural born teacher.
First, your response to my question (thanks!) about your avatar was complete, clear, and succinct.
Second, you shared that info generously and went above and beyond the call of duty doing so.
Third, I went to a number of other websites and looked at 'Father's Choice' blocks. Your choice of colours (I'm Canadian, eh? LOL) is marvellous, but your fabric placement is brilliant.
I had to look more than once to confirm that I was looking at the same block.
I know we can't be there live, but I would love to have you do some tutorials or even start a column in the journals area and just write whatever interests you at any given moment.
You inspired me in 4 or 5 sentences flat......... that's a gift.
I hope you find a new way to use it that fills you with pure joy. This message contains a giant hug that can be used over and over again. Open it any time! {{{{{{{ :thumbup: }}}}}}}}