View Single Post
Old 08-03-2010, 04:03 PM
wildyard

Originally Posted by Twisted Quilter
I've hit a slump too! I finished my first top in June, then a week or two later a lap size top. Then I started cutting pieces for my next project. I cut quite a few pieces the wrong size and just can't get back in the swing. I even signed up for 2 'group thingy's, and still nothing.

Maybe it will get better before Fall. :(
Huge hugssssssss for all our dishearted members. I know the frustration, twisted quilter, of making large errors in cutting. I have fibro and in my fibrofogs, I make a few such errors now and then also. It's frustrating and discouraging. For one of our Claudia's mystery rows, I cut the same pieces wrong 3 times before I finally got it right.
I finally just added a new peice to make the ones I had cut short long enough. I was worried how it looked, but received many compliments and was even asked for the name of my beautiful pattern!! I just smiled and named it the Wild Windmill.
Did the same with another row, and renamed that one the Tug Hill Snowflake.
I'm wondering whether those of you who have UFOs or WIPs would feel more motivated if you had a little contest here by posting some pics of some of your projects and letting us vote on which one you would tackle. As many of you as wanted to could take part. And who knows, just going thru them to pick out a few to photograph might be all you need to light the spark.
I know we'd have fun voting and helping you all get back in the stitch of things.