View Single Post
Old 08-07-2010, 04:34 PM
Pat G

Originally Posted by farmerswife
I use them for bedspreads, blankets.. one I only use, that my mil made, when I am sick.. I also have one that my huby's great aunt made and it is on the wall. She made it around 1930. Others always adorn beds, bench seats, hope chest etc. I love to see them and use them, to be able to touch them.. bring to minds eyes who made them with loving hands whether I knew them or not.
I just got home from taking care of a 2 yr. old grandchild. My DIL had put a quilt on my bed but when I made the bed in the morn. I noticed it was actually a duvet. It was a reg. quilt with batting & backing but with an extra backing to make the duvet. Even without a blanket inside it was so warm I had to toss it aside. But the duvet idea was something I hadn't considered before. I would just make the top & backing (no batting). Then add another back to turn it into a pillow making it into a duvet.
Has anybody done it this way or am I the last to learn these things as usual? LOL

I know most of you are sweltering in heat but here in northwest Washington state, we have a cpl. days of heat & we use fans then a cpl. days of cold when I have to use heat. Today it's cold & raining. No time for a duvet anyway.