Old 08-08-2010, 10:33 AM
lalaland

Originally Posted by luckydenny
Have you purchased the Horizon 7700? If not I can give you info on what I learned from researching it. Go on Youtube and type in Horizon 7700. You can find very detailed videos that give clear examples of the machine. Also, I found out yesterday that the dealer can set the price on Janome machines. A shop in Camden, TN has it priced at $1,999. When I saw that price I thought it was a demo machine she was selling. That is her selling price for the new Horizon 7700. The shop is Quilting Bee, you can google it. I did not purchase it YET, because I too am trying to compare this machine to others. She will ship it for a very reasonable fee.

I have a Jem Platinum and love it. Switching to a machine that is not Jenome does concern me because I love the Jenome.

Don't know if this helped you but I would like to know if you can advise me on the same topic.
I haven't purchased it yet. My LQS sent out a postcard saying they are going to be offering it at the end of the month at a price that no one can beat - they are going to call when they are set up to demo it and give pricing. I would rather buy from my regular vendor and he'll match pricing if he can so I'll wait and see.

I'll keep the TN gal in mind too. With her I wouldn't get the free training classes which I'd really like to have.

The Horizon is a Janome machine. I have a Gem Platinum too, and a Janome 720. I use the Platinum for classes and the 720 is at our other house. I may have to sell both to help pay for the Horizon but I have a good back up machine.

I watched the YouTube stuff on it and have read all the reviews I could find. Other people have gotton it for $2000 so I'm hanging in there for the better price.