View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 11:10 AM
JenniePenny

Originally Posted by klgreene
I did cut out a square yesterday. I will have scraps for my Boston Blocks....it did take me a couple wrong cuts, but I finally did get it right. I'm waiting to put it together because I cut out white backround, and not sure, but I think I want an off white, or beige. Also I want to get more fabrics to match the colors of fabric that I have. I just used a few ugly fabrics, that could be beautiful with the right coordinating fabric. This will take some time trying to find. But it will be worth the wait.
I totally agree about taking time to find what you like and will work. Also agree about it being worth the wait. I was still finding fabrics for future blocks even after I had already made a few. I just took it one block at a time. Still finding fabrics that I "should have" used! Have all my blocks done now, and sewn together with the first border.
I will go to the LQS to buy my outer border on Saturday. I hope they still have what I had in mind for it. It was there last month. But last month I hadn't decided that I wanted it for the border.

Thanks for taking the time to try a block and posting about it. I look forward to your progress.