View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 07:42 PM
VickyS

[quote=Roberta][quote=dkabasketlady]
Originally Posted by Roberta
I wanted to let you all know that the machine is "fixed".

Nope, the needle wasn't in right. The bobbin case pretty much works the same way any bobbin case works but the needle is what's different. It MUST go in right, who knew, and also you thread it right to left which is the opposite of the way I do on my Janome.

Good luck with you EBay purchase. I'm sure you won't have any problems. If you do there's tons of helpful folks on here to help out.

:lol: I have had the same problem on my 1955 Featherweight "Centennial edition"...for some reason the needle can go into the machine and you can't tell it is in wrong!!! After 3 visits over a couple of months to the repair shop, I finally flagged the page in my manual to remind me to check it EVERY time I change the needle. Much less frustration.

Check out your local craft show - in Pleasanton there is a sewing craft show once a year and Featherweight (and other branded) dealers come in with all of their parts. Believe it or not, there is a free range quilting foot that will allow a Featherweight to act like a very short Long-Arm quilt machine!!!!

It looks like a small "C". I got it a while ago and finally got to try it out this week for the first time. WOW - AM I HAPPY WITH IT. :thumbup:

Just finishing up a whole cloth quilt panel that will be a lap quilt/ hanging quilt. I did the entire quilting of the scene with the free range quilting foot and was able to stitch in every direction - hardest part was making sure I had basted enough so the quilt wouldn't walk - had to piece the back when 2 inches scrunched up somewhere in the quilt and I lost one of my borders. I'm covering the fix with a hanging case so it will not be visible.

ENJOY YOUR NEW MACHINE. I love mine!

Cordially,