Old 08-13-2010, 08:16 AM
Annaquilts
Power Poster

Originally Posted by aardvarq
Originally Posted by Annaquilts
HELP!

Looking for a way to make a 1/4 inch seam with a 15-91 Singer.

I thought we bought 1/4 inch foot for a Singer 15-91 low shaft as it was sold to us as such but it definitely is not a 1/4 inch when on the Singer 15-91. How do I obtain a 1/4 inch for piecing? Or do I need to resort to tape? The foot was sold for both a low shaft Singer 66 treadle and an electric low shaft Singer 15-91. They are supposed to both use the same feet. Where we told wrong by the seller? It makes a wonderful 1/4 inch for the Singer 66 treadle. The foot attaches with no problem on the 15-91 but the needle hits too much to the left and even nicks onthe metal of the foot.
Anna,

Do you have a 'close call' contact with the needle using any other foot? If you did, it might indicate the needle bar or needle clamp is misaligned. If not, then humm, foot problem.

Good luck.
That was our first thought but it is exactly the same with another pristine 15k with the spoke wheel. I have no issues with other feet but those feet came with the electric 15 Singer. Also the needle bar hits the single tiny hole perfectly and it sews perfect.