View Single Post
Old 08-15-2010, 04:51 PM
stchn4livn

That is wonderful swing I would like to have something like that for my daughter. She is 10, has autistic spectrum, global delays, lactose intolerant, does not speak nor does she walk without assistance and so many other diagnoses I have lost track over the years. I can relate to your daughter and having to be an advocate for her child. Lets just say I have a reputation now lol ( not sure its a good one) but have learned if my daughter needs something to improve her life -- one way or another she will get it. I never give up and can be a real B**** if I have to. I moved to my hometown cause I knew they would treat her better here and she would get the medical care she needed. Schools can be a real pain in the butt they try to do as little as possible. This years big fight getting air conditioning on the school bus. She had to ride for about 30 to 45 minutes in this heat without air. You have to just keep insisting, and like me go to the next person higher up. The best advise I was ever given was from her peds doctor " She will go as far as you take her". And he was right.