View Single Post
Old 08-15-2010, 04:58 PM
Rhonda
Power Poster

Originally Posted by kay carlson
Rhonda, you are an angel who has been a terrific advocate for the autistic person and their families. I learn something each time I read your postings. Having worked with the autistic children through older adults, each person does experience individual situations. Knowledge, persistence, consistency, and patience are building blocks.
Blessings to your and your family :-)
Thanks Kay sometimes I have had enough and I will go in the bathroom for a bit and Papa will watch him for awhile. He is really doing alot better and really doesn't get into too much trouble any more. I sometimes lay down and take a nap but after I have laid down for awhile Zach will come in and snuggle for a bit. His snuggling tho is throwing a leg up and over me or I get an elbow in the ribs or he lays his head on my legs. He doesn't lay still and he talks nonstop. But I enjoy tickling him and teasing him.

He is a problem solver too. If he decides he wants to do something he will work and work at how to accomplish it.

We have had reservations about how his life will be as an adult but Sara and I both know there is alot more help out there now for Autistic people. So his future is full of promise!