View Single Post
Old 07-29-2008, 05:32 PM
judee0624

:D OK, here goes. I hadn't sewed for several years and had this 20+ year old Singer that weighed a ton. I saw a class listed at the quilt shop I had just discovered. It was for a Table Runner. I thought: How hard can that be? So I signed up and they handed me a small bag with fabrics for the class and said the pattern would be given out in class. OK, so I go to the class with my machine and thread and scissors. Nothing else. The poor teacher had to show me how to use a rotary cutter and everything. She was so patient and kind. I don't think she has ever taught there again. :-) Anyway, I learned all the basics from her, including chain piecing and the sandwich method of making triangles. I did finish one block to her satisfaction while I was there. I really liked the fabrics too. So that's how I got hooked. DH took me to JoAnn shortly after and we bought the cutting supplies and stuff I needed. He has supported this obsession ever since, dear man. Also, now that shop designates the level needed for each class. I also ask detailed questions before the class. It is my favorite shop and I have since taken a few more classes, including Beginning Quilting.
judee