View Single Post
Old 08-21-2010, 07:52 AM
Mamagus

Originally Posted by Blackberry

Wow, what a great sewing room. I just have one corner of the kitchen with my cabinet sewing machine in the corner.
I think I have had my sewing machine set up in every room in this house except the bathroom. But when my dd and ds bought their houses I decided that having shrines to their childhood had run their natural life. So I took the two smaller bedrooms and made them into guest rooms. Their cute kiddie beds are in the basement awaiting grandchildren, but now I have comfy double beds for them and their beloveds when they visit. AND That meant I could take the big bedroom Erin used as a girl. Moved out the dollhouse, packed up her books and dolls and set myself up in a great room!

The wooden table that you can see in the pics was made for my dad for my mom's sewing room. They are both gone now and I was honoured to be able to use it in my sewing room. It folds up into a 12" thick shelf on the wall so when we are really crowded we bring up mattresses from the basement and use the floor space. Now the people sleeping in there won't be afraid of a landslide!!

My hubby and I have 5 children between us and while they have never been all home together, it can get crowded here!