View Single Post
Old 08-25-2010, 05:26 PM
IT_Nana

I made a picture quilt for my grandson several years ago. he's crazy about cars, so I took pictures of him in various family cars, his little toy jeep, etc. It took me a over a year to finish (after I had collected all the fabric) because I was working full time and I didn't make all the pictures the same size, so I basically had to design the quilt as I sewed. Hand quilting it was very hard .... I had to pull the needle through with pliers when I quilted around the pictures. I used the pre-packaged printer fabric (Colorfast Sew-in Inkjet Fabric Sheets by June Tailor) and our HP 6210 and they turned out beautifully. However, I don't think I'll ever make another picture quilt for a kid's bed. My daughter wants a memory quilt, but I think it will be a wall hanging instead. :-) It goes back to the old question of how much do people appreciate the quilts if they haven't made one themselves. I guess there is no way non-quilters can imagine how much work goes into one. After all this, I guess I'd better attach a picture or two ....

Gabe's qult - Christmas 2007
[ATTACH=CONFIG]104374[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-104369.jpe