View Single Post
Old 08-26-2010, 07:14 AM
jrhboxers

I'll post new pictures later this afternoon. I picked her up on Tuesday morning.

She went to my vet today - the people that I got her from gave me a certificate for a free vet visit at Banfield (PetsMart), but took her to my vet. Dr. Peggy says that she is about 14 weeks old, weighs 2.2 lbs and is healthy except for a cornea scratch on her right eye. I am assuming that is from the debris in the ditch she was found in. She has now had a good bath, nails clipped, mats removed and generally loved on.

While I am typing this, she is laying between my keyboard and me - I have to type around her. When I was ironing fabric last night she decided to perch on the ironing board and inspect each piece. Definitely a quilter's cat! :mrgreen:

She has decided that the dogs are just going to have to deal with her. And she is not afraid of anyone. My other female is still hissing, but Boomer has accepted her already. The puppies don't know what to think about her - when they want to chase her, she just stands up on her hind legs and beats their face for about 15 seconds and walks away. The pups seem basically stunned. The other cats will play and chase, but not her. Everything is on her terms.

We - thankfully - have had two cool, comfortable nights in a row. Last night, I woke up about 1a and she was snuggled up against me just purrrring andkneading away. I wasn't looking for a new kitten, but I guess she was looking for me.