View Single Post
Old 09-02-2010, 10:07 AM
SharonAnne

Originally Posted by Sparky
Originally Posted by SharonAnne
You can't get any better than that. It's wonderful!!!! Love the colors, the background and the interpretation of your assignment. Did you also design your gorgeous Avatar?
Thanks for all of your positive feedback! Yes, I did design my avatar quilt. That was a huge challenge for me. It had over 1600 pieces in 42 inch square. Several times I made mistakes along the way and had to re-do blocks. I was amazed and grateful it turned out flat! If I ever did it over I would change a lot of it, but not the learning experience I went through. Look for a new book coming out by ReNae Merill, it will have gorgeous mandalas in it. I think my quilt will also be included, probably in the gallery section, as it is not that great.
I will be certain to keep an eye out for the ReNae's new book!! And your avatar quilt IS great... It mesmerizes me. Love the colors and pattern. It's my kind of quilt. Unfortunately, I am a number cruncher and very left brained, so cannot design. But I'm always on the lookout for beauty that I can adapt. Can't wait to see the book. Would you autograph your picture???? You never know - when my grands grow up, it could be worth a lot of money if you keep going like you are.