Old 09-03-2010, 07:03 AM
MissyGirl

Originally Posted by grandme26
I weighed in on Sept. 1st and again today and so far have lost about 1/2 lb. This is great for me because I have been on a weight loss plan on and off for several years. I have gone back to the philosophy from the Weight Down wt loss program that I did several yrs ago and lost to almost my goal weight. On the push for weight loss that I am now on I started at 202 and lost about 7 lbs by Sept 1. On Sept 1st. I weighed in at 195.8 so that is my starting weight and today I am down to 194. I exercise at a brand new community center and they will soon be opening their swimming pool so am anxious to do water aerobics. I will do both the arthritis one and then the regular one. I love the water.

My favorite saying is listen to your body. It will tell you when it is time for food and then eat about half of what you would normally eat. It works. Don't like to exercise but am doing it.

My physical activity has gone down a lot this past year. I was hospitalized for pneumonia twice last year, once in ICU for 5 days and the second time for a week on a medical floor. Since I have gained all this weight back, after the pneumonia episodes, I gained 30 lbs and walking hurts my hips, broke right hip+ shattered leg and 7 surgeries in one year, ago and now have the arthritis in both hips and lower back. I will lose this weight and get back to being able to walk without pain and feel good about myself.

Did not mean to write a book so sorry about that. Off to get ready for my weekly get together with friends and to have lunch out. I do ask to a take out container along with my meal and put half in the box before I eat. Then I eat the leftovers for dinner.

Have a great day.
Judy,

You are doing great! Keep up the good work!

Missy