Old 09-04-2010, 06:23 AM
nursie76

Originally Posted by Katia
I got a pretty little green Singer today at a yard sale. I also got a bunch of sewing stuff, thread, needles, all that. I had fun sorting it all out form the two sewing boxes.

I got the Singer from a sweet little lady, 92 years old. She said she had kept it serviced and it ran great, and for only , how can you lose? Well, it was pristine clean on the inside, not even any dust. So I wiped her down and oiled her up and she runs nicely. But, and this kinda matters, she does not sew very well. I played with the tension and did what I know how to do. Threaded and re- threaded and changed needles. I got it to stitch finally for about two inches, then poof, back to messed up. It looks fairly good on top, but the bottom is all loopy. If I tighten the tension, that makes it worse. Any ideas? Oh, it is a model 337.
Could the bobbin be in with the thread coming off in the wrong direction? Do you have the needle in right and threading in the right direction? Some of these have a tiny little screw in the bobbin area that as a last resort you can use to adjust the bottom tension when adjusting the top doesn't help. Good luck, she sure is beautiful!