View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 09:39 PM
Lisanne

Good for you, Pam!

There is a world full of great vegetarian dishes out there to try. I'm not vegetarian now, but I was once upon a time and still eat veg meals now and then.

There are also some very credible imitation meat products around. I was turning up my nose at them, figuring that when I was inclined to eat vegetarian, I wanted to enjoy real veg cuisine, not use meat substitutes. But hey. I tried the Tofurkey lunch "meat" and really liked it. It tastes like roast turkey with stuffing and cranberries, and the texture is like any thin-sliced lunchmeat. Today I had a veg lunch more for the lentil salad, but it came with a kabob of soy nuggets and veggies. The soy nuggets tasted like chicken, meaning that mild neutral taste, and the overall effect was like a non-greasy chicken McNugget.

Nothing like feeling well, and if eating right is all it takes... I only wish I had the willpower to do that, because I'd feel a lot better if I ate right, too.

If you like BBQ beef sandwiches, I'm sure you'll find something else to use BBQ sauce on and make a burger or sandwich out of.