View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 10:29 PM
BARES

After I sent THREE COMPLAINTS to Singer and all I got back was how to thread a machine and that I needed a bobbin, which had nothing to do with the plug getting so hot that it nearly set my house on fire. I had to use a potholder to get it unplugged, it was that hot. On my FOURTH complaint I also sent a copy to Martha Stewart who brags about their machines all the time. I also sent MS a letter regarding my problem with Singer and forwarded a copy to Singer. I didn't ask MS to do anything about it. I just let Singer know that MS has clout as a major visible company while I was just an individual. I finally got a letter back telling me to send them the machine and they would replace it. NO ONE SHOULD HAVE TO DEAL WITH THIS KIND OF CUSTOMER SERVICE. Warrenties are only as good as the company backing the product. I don't know anything about Brother. But I have always in the past sworn by Singer. I was extremely disappointed.

My suggestion. Get lots of info and how others have been treated when they have had a problem.

Originally Posted by stefanib123
I've been talking to hubby about buying a new machine/embroidery machine for Xmas on HSN , where they have the "easy pay" plans. This is the only way I could afford a new machine of any type this year.

So, I've been cruising on there and here's what they have:

A Singer Futura 150- $699
Singer Futura 250- $799
Brother SE400- $499

They also have a Brother for $799 that is an embroidery machine only, but I want one that does both.

I'm leaning towards the Brother right now, because of the price, obviously. BUT, I'm wondering if I should go ahead and get the Futura, as it seems like it has MUCH more to it. And it has great reviews.

The monthly payments are about the same, I'd have one extra payment with the Futura.

Is the Futura that much better? I'd love to hear from anyone who has any of these.