Thread: C pap users
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2010, 07:43 PM
wildyard

I only got my CPAP machine this summer, in July in fact. I started with the nose pillows but woke up every morning with them laying on the bed. Seems I was taking them off in my sleep. I switched to a full mask and the way it straps on, I can barely get it off when I'm awake, LOL.
One of my problems is that I rarely go into REM sleep. In 4 sleep studies, they haven't got any on record yet. Occasionally with the CPAP I get into level 3, which is great for me. Before it, I was spending most of my sleep time in level 2. No wonder I am tired all the time. That plus the fibromyalgia and pain from my injured neck and shoulder. Not that I'm meaning to whine tho, cuz I'm not. I am doing good considering, is all I mean.
Having had surgery on my shoulder the week after I got my machine, I've struggled getting used to it and trying to sleep after the surgery and all. As my shoulder improves, I do better with the CPAP, so I know it will all work out if I just persevere. When I get discouraged, I tell myself to hang in there and it will get better, and surprise, IT DOES!!
It was great to learn many of us shared the experience of having fibro, and now to know we share using the CPAP too. How great it is to share so many experiences with our friends here on the board. We can share the fun and not so fun things here and feel uplifted and encouraged from all of it.
Hugs and smiles my friends, keep up the wonderful job of supporting and encouraging one another. I know how much it means to me, and if it means even half as much to others, it's a job well done!!!