Thread: C pap users
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2010, 07:58 AM
Quiltgranny

Originally Posted by Bev
What are the nose pillows?
Hi Bev,

I use the Swift FX cpap mask with nasal pillows. This particular model in the link is made for "Her", but I use the regular one because I need the larger size. A nose pillow is what they refer to as the soft molded plastic parts of the mask that sit just under your nose. They seal to the open edges of your nostrils when you turn your cpap machine on. Here's a link to it:

http://www.cpap.com/productpage/resm...-headgear.html

Once you open this link, on the left of the page it shows product images, you can mouse over each picture to get a closer look at each part of the mask, including the pillows.

Not all nose pillows are made the same, in comfort, quality and design. I've tried a variety of nasal only masks, and the Swift FX is the best by far. It has the softest, yet most durable, most comfortable, best fitting and best made nasal pillows I've come across. I've been using my Swift FX for five months now; if there's something new on the market, I'm not aware of it.

Since everyone's nose is a bit different, it pays to try several on. When a person gets the order from their doctor to get a cpap machine and mask, you get to look and try on different masks at the place you will be purchasing or getting them from.

Hope this helps,