View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 05:35 AM
ShowMama

Originally Posted by SuziC
Looking at my storage shelves the other night, i realized i had way too many quilting magazines taking up valuable fabric space so i got this idea to condense them into one spot. Some of you may already do this but i wanted to share my solution. I took them all out, want thru them one by one and tore out the quilt pics and directions to the ones that inspire me and put them in a pile. I also took out any articles of interest. I put each into a plastic page cover( bought at Walmart cheap) You can get the covers for a few dollars for a whole pkg. After sorting out the pages, i put them into a seperate loose-leaf binder. You cannot believe all the room it freed up. Now i have just what i'm interested in all in one place. Clear pics and the matching directions that i can pull out without searching thru books. It's so much nicer to finger thru the binder without all the ads. I hope this helps someone looking to declutter.
I've been using that method for years and it really helps me keep organized. I have several notebooks sorted by subject and/or method (applique, animals, pillows, etc) and can usually find what I'm looking for quickly. At other times, I'll just page through the notebooks for fun and quite often come across a pattern or picture I had forgotten about, but definitely want to use in a quilt. Oh, and I have another notebook too, for ideas on home decorating which includes pictures of furniture, curtains, floral arrangements, etc.