View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 07:35 AM
calla

Elennor Burns has a great technique, she used it with Grandmother's Garden Quilt: Trace patterns on fusible interfacing, light to med. The patterns are traced on smooth side, the dotted side is the fusible side. Begin by placing dotted fusible side against the right side of fabric. Cut fabric the same size as the interfacing. Pin in center of each pattern piece.......DO NOT PRESS..........Using a straight stitch on sewing machine and using a tight stitch, sew on inside edge of lines. When stitching is complete, trim...........to turn pieces carefully cut a small slit through the fusible interfacing only. Turn the piece and crease fabric deges with a wooden pressing stich, NOT THE IRON IN THIS STEP.............if batting is desired insert use cotton batting as poly will melt........you batting has to be cut the shape of your piece. (I avoided this step when I did hearts, and I liked it) now your piece is ready for placement on your background fabric, iron in place, and do your zig-zag stitch or buttonhole what ever you have decided on. Perhaps E. Burns has more information at her site..........good luck...........calla/Sue