Old 09-26-2010, 09:00 AM
JoanneS

Originally Posted by hobo2000
You know when you are making hst and you go to sew them together and you have that little bit of light where the dark should be, in the corner? A very famous quilter who swore us to silence, pulled out her supply of permanent pens, fine point, and touched up every corner and the quilt was perfection. You could not see what she had done. She said very few quilts that you see photographed have not had this trick used on them. I do it now and again but I like to get perfection on my own. It washes beautifully, never runs or disappears.
I LOVE this!

Another suggestion - Bargellos don't have to be matched seam to seam - they can be offset mid rectangle. You still get the Bargello effect without tearing your hair out.

I have an excuse that I get to use for another 3 years - chemo brain. It IS a side effect of chemo - muddled thinking, lack of focus, forgetting. It comes and goes, and it can be maddening. I do a sudoku puzzle in the morning - and if I have trouble with it, I know I'd better not try to do anything having to do with quilting - or face the consequences - ripping out - ruining fabric - you name it, I've done it!