View Single Post
Old 09-27-2010, 03:15 PM
mac

IMPOSSIBLE PUMPKIN PIE CUPCAKES

This cupcake recipe is based on an impossible pie recipe. The real pie is a bit more custardy. This was taken to a pot luck & was a BIG success. I doubled my recipe and used a large can of pumpkin. FYI: You can freeze pumpkin puree if you end up with extra from the can, but don't freeze it in the can (LOL). When you thaw it, just let the extra liquid from freezing run off or it may be too juicy for your recipe.

INGREDIENTS:
2/3 cup all purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 15-oz can (1 ¾ Cups) pumpkin puree
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup evaporated milk (or half and half)

Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper or silicone liners.
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt & pumpkin pie spice. In a large bowl, whisk together pumpkin puree, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla and half and half until well combined. Add in dry ingredients and whisk until no streaks of flour remain and batter is smooth.
Fill each muffin cup with approximately 1/3 cup of batter (NOTE: I filled the paper cups about 1/4 inch from the top and I didn't have any spill-over and they didn't sink very much either when cooled). Bake for 20 minutes. Cool cupcakes in pan. They will sink as they cool. Chill cupcakes before serving. Top with lightly sweetened whipped cream or cool whip.
Makes 12 cupcakes

http://bakingbites.com/2009/10/impos...-pie-cupcakes/