Old 09-28-2010, 08:40 PM
CherylR

I'm looking for a quilt pattern of the American Flag that will fit on a twin size bed. Does anyone have anything like this? I want to make the flag as close as possible to the original. Should I go with a cotton front and back or maybe batiks? I'm a "confident beginner" but I'm not sure how to approach this. I've searched and searched online but still haven't found what I'm looking for. If I decide to design it myself, what length and width should the strips be and how long and wide should the area being with the the stars on it? I'm using the a "59X85" size quilt. I don't want to applique 50 individual stars - probably just 5 largers stars. Also, should my batting be 100% cotton or a cotton/polyester blend, since it will be washed often? Does anyone know of any online stores that sell this pattern? I have scanned many, many quilting shop webites and haven't found what I'm really looking for. Thanks for any help anyone can give me. Also, does anyone have any recommendations or suggestions when making this type of quilt?
Thanks so much,
Cheryl R