View Single Post
Old 09-28-2010, 09:19 PM
dyer804

Originally Posted by sewbeeit42
I was asked if I would do a tutorial on the method I used on this quilt and said, that while it would be a new undertaking for me I would give it a try. I did prepare samples and was beginning to photograph them, then 9-9-10 or the P G & E gas explosion in San Bruno happened. We completely lost our home, one car and our RV. We were directly across the street from 6 people who died and many more who were badly burned. We left in less that 5 minutes from the time of the blast and our house was engulfed in flames with windows bursting. We saved ourselves and our dog, and I grabbed my purse on the way out. Therefore I will not be able to do the tutorial which I had hoped to share.
I am so sorry you were involved in this terrible disaster! I am glad that you were able to get away safely. Hopefully you have found a place to stay. Thank you for sharing your quilt and please do not be at all concerned about the tutorial. My thoughts and prayers are with you the the other families involved is this incident.